VLOG + Never Underestimate the Power of Makeup + Weekly Update

I really wanted to post about something this week but I simply couldn't find anything to blog about at all. 

And so I decided to do a vlog!




Watch it in HD!

"I'm sorry if you have something against girls with boobs"
HAHAHA SORRY GUYS I JUST SAW THIS PART AND REALISED HOW STUPID IT IS


Please don't hate on me guys I really have 0 experience on this. I've never talked in front of a camera professionally before, so talking to my webcam feels beyond retarded to me. Basically, the point of the vid was to answer the most commonly asked questions on Ask.Fm because I really didn't want to spam twitter timelines.

The bad thing is, I was wearing zero make up, meaning you can see every single one of my facial flaws. This especially means you can see my pimples which I am fucking insecure about :((((

Sobs.

But I guess I still have to show you guys my true face sooner or later anyway.
I also wanted to see how I actually look like when I talk to other people! I hate how I sound like a kid irl, because in my head I sound as though I have a pretty hot voice. LOL

Is there any way for me to get a lower voice besides a sore throat?



.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

When I say make up, I actually mean 2 things:

1. Actual make up. 
yknow, the one you use on your face/body - foundation, blusher, eyeliner, eyeshadow, cc cream, etc etc

2. Photoshop.
Some of you may not consider this as make up but I do because it does fulfil the purpose of enhancing the way you look.

Before I start, I would like to disclaim that I do not have anything against these things, I personally am all for it. I believe in making yourself look better as long as the end product makes you happy. Even if you end up looking like someone else, then let's just applaud your amazing skills.

I adore the power of make up. Just look at this, 


Take a look at how much difference make up can make. 
She doesn't look different as a whole but her pimples are covered!!!!!! Wow wow wow wow wow. Not gonna lie, this has been something I've been wanting to do all my life because my face has never been flawless since the start of puberty. So back to my point, this is a good example of how make up enhances your looks in terms of getting rid of the flaws such as blemishes and dark circles.

But then... There'll always be those people who insist on transforming into a different person.


No, my dear readers, there is nothing wrong with this. But why look like a totally different person when you can just allow people to appreciate your natural beauty? I'm not gonna disregard the fact that she looks super hot in the "after" pic tho. You go gurl.

So you see, make up can either make you look less flawed or go from ordinary chick to bangin' beauty. Let me give you some more examples!




Super inspirational!!!!!!

I just really love watching make up tutorials because it's fun to see how the people transform into beautiful swans. It's even better to see the men do it.

I remember when I was a kid, I used to say that the best make up was one that made you look like a geisha. HAHA but I guess now it's all about looking natural. It's actually really hard to look natural while actually being so-called "artificial".

My favourite make up artist is Michelle Phan.
She's known for being able to do all sorts of looks!




I'm sure she's already a familiar face to many of you. She has the amazing ability to come up with so many looks for all sorts of occasions! I really salute her on this.

So I guess make up has many uses.. To cover up flaws, to dress for the occasion, and to simply be a more attractive person when you're out. But what if all this isn't enough?

Which brings me to my next point!

"Photoshop".

I bet many of you tend to see this feature really negatively because it's a way of amending your features in such a way that it becomes totally different when you look at yourself in real life versus in pictures. But haven't you thought of this.. Photoshop is more or less equivalent to having plastic surgery? Why show more hate towards those who use photoshop?

In my opinion, photoshop's fine if you're planning to just further remove your blemishes or just slightly tweak your features here and there. But it gets too overboard when you blow everything out of proportion. What do I really mean?


In my personal opinion the photo has been modified such that in a good way, the skin tone and colour have been evened out. I guess in such situations it's always more pleasing to the eye to have the same skin colour across the body right? 


This is probably a pic you've seen before, circulating on Twitter or other social media platforms. Just look at the arms, don't you think they're out of proportion in the right picture? In proportion to the rest of the body, how are they so stick thin..

Guys I am honestly in great support of photoshop because it has helped me to virtually boost my self esteem in my photos. But blowing things out of proportion really makes me feel like shit. Wouldn't you feel guilty going out looking nothing like how you do in pictures? Why look like a size 2 in pics when you're really an 8 irl?

.
.
.
.
.

On a side note, here's my weekly visual update!!!!



Had my presentation on Friday and I really don't know how to feel about it. I was the last to present and everything seemed so rushed. I'm just really crossing my fingers rn!




Finally met up with Junson & Nicky after so damn long I think it's been half a year already? Or maybe even longer than that. I missed them so much argh



IT Fair. I wish I had enough money to buy a laptop so I could feel the mood.




Couple drink time with my angel.



It has been a really hectic week!! But I'm really glad school's out.

Gonna play really really hard.




CHECK OUT LYNN'S HAIR. I CAN'T EVEN DO THAT WITH MY OWN HAIR WHAT THE HECK




Luv this girl to bits. So full of swag

And then there's me, being a retard







I really feel so lucky to have friends like these who can tolerate my nonsense anytime and anywhere.


Here's me again tryna be Miley

HAHA ok that's all for this post! Happy holidays!!!!!!!!! x


Selfie to end the post ya












0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Follow Me

Follow on Bloglovin

Hey

My name's Chantal but people call me "chan" for short. Here's where I share bits and pieces of my life with you. Bubbly on the exterior but I could be angsty 24/7 deep inside ahahaha. Gotta love food! Sushiiiii.

I really enjoy travelling and experiencing new things, anytime and anywhere. Give me a camera and I'll start taking shots of almost anything!

So here's how the blog posts go, it starts out with a little tinge of my everyday life and then we venture into something I'd like to call the Main Dish. Enjoy!

I post pictures at @chantalkatharine on Instagram. Feel free to follow me :)


Contact me at: chantalkatharine@gmail.com :)

Ads

Instagram


Twitter Updates